Tuesday, March 11, 2014

About TPM

I have never thought of being a teacher to young children, let alone being a mom to one. I have always thought that I will be one of those women in an office working her butt off preparing marketing plans and attending events for the company. It never happened…well just a 10-month stint as a marketing officer for a roofing company and after that, I never thought of going back to that field again.  

Teaching was never in my mind. As far as I can remember, I swore that I would never become a teacher. I made this statement after seeing how crazy my classmates were in high school! (Hahaha!) But a very good friend (same friend who encouraged me to blog!) introduced me to teaching English to Koreans and after my first day of training, I fell in love with ESL (English as a Second Language). And five years later, I find myself sitting in a classroom learning how to teach young children.  

I had not planned to spend my life teaching young children but a former employer introduced me to it by taking a master’s degree in the university where she teaches. Although I have not formally taught in a classroom yet…I am currently dedicating my time, energy, resources and knowledge in teaching my own preschooler and that is how The Preschool Mommy was born.

Through this blog, I hope to inspire and encourage mommies and future mommies to spend some time teaching their own children as well as cool aunts to spend some quality and fun time with their nephews and nieces! 

No comments:

Post a Comment